Tuesday, November 6, 2007

30 reasons why I am awesome

So, perhaps it is self absorbed to write a post titled: "30 reasons why I am awesome". I figure this is an improvement from: "Why I am F'ing Sweet" which is what I was going to title it. Mostly, I just wanted to brag about all the incredible concerts I have seen since April. Thank you to those that joined me, so many amazing times!

1. Modest Mouse- Two sets of drums, great live sound

2. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – boundless passion for performing

3. Peter, Bjorn and John – Before the concert I had only ever heard “Young Folks” and was blown away by the Swedish awesomeness, ps. the video is pretty cute

4. The Arcade Fire - WOW - I complain that I will never get to experience Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd, but the Arcade Fire, I believe, will be a cultural artifact from our generation.

5. Architecture in Helsinki – So fun, great energy

Opener: YACHT – Strange but cool I guess, music on laptop accompanied by dance

6. The White Stripes – Intense. Life altering. Dana=altered

7. Cary Brothers – I fell a bit in love
Opener: Mother Mother – pleasantly surprised- check out "Verbatim"

8. John Fogerty – lifelong dream come to fruition

Bumbershoot – Best consecutive 3 days of my life

9. The Shins – Winsome, lovely!

10. Kings of Leon – very rock, dude wore a vest

11. Gym Class Heroes – terrible

12. Wu-Tang – F’ing sweet... dollar dollar bill y’all

13. Andrew Bird – INCREADIBLE, I love whistling in songs. Would marry him tomorrow: Dana Bird

14. Joss Stone – aggravating, too much chatter on stage, I don’t want to hear about your life Joss.

15. John Legend – not my style but props to him for a good show.

16. Tokyo Police Club –can’t get into cheering for a bunch of screaming teens.

17. Devotchka – awesome experience, man drinking directly from a bottle of wine and woman dancing in huge tuba like instrument covered with red twinkly lights. Plus, Devotchka is just amazing...Little Miss Sunshine...

18. Barrington Levy – SO FUN – true performer... More and More and More and...

19. Rodrigo y Gabriela - beautiful

20. The Aggrolites - What a party, best live energy ever, how can you go wrong with a bunch of guys wearing jail suits and singing reggae!?!

21. Fleet Foxes – the next Neil Young

Bloodhag – Kidding, I wish I saw Bloodhag

22. Spoon – FUCK!!! SPOON!!! Maybe one of my best musical moments ever

Opener: Black Joe Lewis – the perfect lead in to Spoon...I love blues and SPOON

23. Shiny Toy Guns – the chick was sweet -she should do all the singing or get a new band.

24. Peter Bjorn and John – not as intense as the first time

25. Fujiya and Miyagi – although they aren’t Japanese they are brilliant.
Opener: Project Jenny Project Jan – very cool openers, great stuff, bought the cd

26. Shout Out Louds – Great instruments...they create great music

27. Final Fantasy – Sweet, I loved the projector show, plus I love the violin.
Opener: Great Lake swimmers – meh, kinda whiny

28. Joanna Newsomdelicate and enchanting

29. Caribou – great show, battling drums and a front man who is maybe the most talented guy I have ever seen...also they feature the recorder in one song.

30. MIA – still to come



No comments:

PK's BDay Fun!

PK's BDay Fun!
BFF aeaeaeaeae

Lightbright part deux

Lightbright part deux
XMas Styles

Lightbright!

Lightbright!
Yes I am 24 and I enjoy playing with a lightbright.

Golden Halloween

Golden Halloween
Trophy tops

3D Glasses are cool